Qt Creator 4.9.0-beta1
Debian testing, Plasma desktop
The CompilationDatabaseProjectManager plugin does not correctly build up the directory hierarchy when multiple directories with the same name exist within the project's directory hierarchy. I have created a small sample project to demonstrate this:
Steps to reproduce:
1) enable the experimental CompilationDatabaseProjectManager plugin
2) save the attached tar archive `testproject.tar.gz` in the `/tmp/` directory
3) `cd /tmp/`
4) extract the tar archive: `tar -xavf testproject.tar.gz`
5) load the test project into Qt Creator (right click in "Projects" view -> "Load Project" -> select File `/tmp/testproject/compile_commands.json`)
6) observe the directory structure in the project view
The directory structure is displayed incorrectly. There is no top-level `vcl` directory, but the `vcl/qt5/second.cxx` tree is shown underneath `canvas/source`.
The attached screenshot `screenshot_incorrect_directory_structure.png` shows this.
The original file tree hierarchy should be represented in the project view.
There should be a top-level `vcl` directory containing a `qt5` subdirectory, which in turn contains the file `second.cxx`, besides `canvas/source/vcl/first.cxx`.
Note: Instead of extracting the test project into `/tmp/`, any other directory can be chosen as well. However, the compilation database `compile_commands.json` needs to be recreated in this case (e.g. by running `bear make`), since it contains absolute path names.