Priority: P2: Important
Affects Version/s: Qt Creator 4.9.0-beta1
Environment:macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6
Commits:e5558cd0c52b3cdf70d14911ad4b8dbbf08979c5 (qt-creator/qt-creator/master), 27823032537130726842b8858e532e4a878202b8
The Unix domain socket path used to enable SSH connection sharing is too long on macOS.
1) Setup a QNX Apps and Media 1.1 image on an ARM device. A remote Linux image would probably work too.
2) Build master branch Qt Creator and run it.
3) Qt Creator|Preferences|Devices|QNX|Add...|QNX Device
4) Enter the IP address of the device.
5) Enter root for the username.
6) Select "Continue".
7) Select "Done".
8) Select "Close". The device test won't work because password access doesn't work without ssh-askpass. macOS doesn't have this.
9) Change "Authentication type" to "Specific key".
10) Select "Create New...".
11) Use ssh-copy-id to copy the generated key to the image (e.g., ssh-copy-id -i ~/.ssh/qtc_id.pub email@example.com).
12) Select SSH (from the Devices page list).
13) Check "Enable connection sharing".
14) Select "Devices".
15) Select "Test".
SSH connection failure.
unix_listener: "/var/folders/xk/p77psvpd7zn8pq8r6yp26gzdsm22s9/T/QtCreator-wRGNw7/qtc-ssh-8q2LIo/control_socket.zwjvaeuWrLpFmbWw" too long for Unix domain socket