With the qmake based build, we build Qbs as part of the Qt Creator build and ship it with our Qt Creator packages.
- It currently is not possible to build Qbs with CMake
- Since Qt Creator 4.12, a separate, external Qbs can be used in Qt Creator
So, the options that I see are:
- Add CMake build files to Qbs and build it with the CMake build of Qt Creator as before
- Bundle a separately built Qbs installation with the Qt Creator package, i.e. deploy a Qbs release into Qt Creator, similar to how we deploy Qt, Clang, GammaRay
- Remove Qbs from the Qt Creator package and let users install their own Qbs and let them point Qt Creator to that
- Remove Qbs from the Qt Creator component, but include a Qbs component in the installers (which automatically registers itself in Qt Creator)