Priority: Not Evaluated
Affects Version/s: Qt Creator 4.11.0
Fix Version/s: None
While editing a file whose vertical size exceeds the height of the screen, the behavior of the beautifier becomes unstable, the scroll bar is messed up.
Here is how to reproduce this behavior:
- Collapse the view of a long function/class, then add 2 empty lines after it, keeping the cursor on the second line.
- Hit Ctrl+S with beautifier's format on save enabled. The scroll bar now shows the current line (black) is above it.
- Scroll up one step. the editor now shows the beginning of the document.
- Scroll further up, the editor now shows a blank page. This happens to be below the bottom of the document.
- Scroll up a bit more to see the last line, then it starts to look normal, except the scroll bar. It has a long empty space under it that does not correspond to the document.
- Now delete any line from the document, and the empty space disappears.
I've attached here a file that shows that exact behavior.
This happens on both Ubuntu 20.04 and OpenSUSE Tumbleweed