1) Open Qt Creator manual test simple.pro project
2) Uncomment testInput() test and rebuild
3) Make sure Run In Terminal is checked in run settings
4) Run without debugging, and observe that entered input (2 ints) from the terminal is received by application
5) Start debugging the application, try to enter 2 integers in the terminal, observe that no matter how much input is entered, the application is stuck.
Tried with default shell set to both /bin/bash and /bin/zsh, with same results.
Run In Terminal opens the regular macOS terminal app, not iTerm2.
One notable thing is that the opened temporary terminal has some shell warnings on startup, not sure if related give that they appear when not debugging and yet input still works then.