Qt Creator 4.14.0
macOS 10.14, Xcode 9.4, Qt Creator 4.14.0 w/ Qt 5.15.2 (Clang 11.0 (Apple), 64 bit), building against kit 5.15.2
with 100% reliability, on my large project, the debugger will hang, with the "Locals" view showing a "wagonwheel" animated overlay.
this shows in debugger log:
ERROR: Lldb stderr: error: <whatever_file>.o DWARF DW_TAG_array_type DIE at <some hex> has a class/union/struct element type DIE <more hex> that is a forward declaration, not a complete definition. Try compiling the source file with -fstandalone-debug or disable -gmodules
things i tried:
- turn off "load .gdbinit"
- turn off "load system GDB pretty printers"
- turn off "use dynamic object type for display"
- turn off "use debugging helper"
- turn off "Show QObject names if available"
- setting kit LLDB to the one inside xcode, instead of the one in /usr/bin/lldb
- setting kit compiler to "Apple Clang x86_64"
- QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_DEBUG += -fstandalone-debug
- QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_DEBUG += -fno-limit-debug-info
- adding/removing "Qt Creator" to/from system prefs->security & privacy->privacy->accessibility
- adding/removing "source code + debug symbols" using MaintenanceTool
see this forum post for further details.
i do not know how to "disable -gmodules"
building Qt from source, to get "debug libraries" is NOT a solution, this should work out of the box.
- is duplicated by
QTCREATORBUG-25441 CLONE - [macOS] debugger of qtcreator 4.14.0 hang frequently on macOS
- relates to
QTCREATORBUG-25185 [macOS] debugger of qtcreator 4.14.0 hang frequently on macOS