Priority: P0: Blocker
Affects Version/s: Qt Creator 5.0.0
Component/s: Project & Build Management: CMake
CMake configure runs in an infinite loop when a project contains vcpkg.json.
Steps to reproduce:
- install vcpkg on your system and add it to the system PATH, vcpkg executable has to be on the system PATH, so QtCreator's auto-setup.cmake can find it
- create cmake based shared library project
- copy vcpkg.json into the project's root folder
- open Project View and click Re-configure with Initial Parameters
- until now is everything ok
- now click Advanced to show advanced cmake properties and check CMAKE_VERBOSER_MAKEFILE ( it can be any other bool property and maybe also other type properties )
- click Apply Configuration Changes and boom infinite loop, now you have to restart QtCreator or close project to stop it
I have attached a simple example of the vcpkg.json file.
It is only reproducible on Linux, now I have tried to reproduce it on Windows with msvc compiler and it works well.
But on Windows exists a similar problem with cmake infinite loop, I'm going to create an issue for that too.
Compiler used was gcc 10.3