Priority: Not Evaluated
Affects Version/s: Qt Creator 7.0.0-beta1
Fix Version/s: Qt Creator 7.0.0-rc1
Component/s: Project & Build Management: CMake
Environment:Kubuntu 21.10 x86_64. CMake 3.18.4.
Commits:2f77dc3415 (qt-creator/qt-creator/7.0) 2f77dc3415 (qt-creator/qt-creator/master) 2f77dc3415 (qt-creator/tqtc-qt-creator/7.0) 2f77dc3415 (qt-creator/tqtc-qt-creator/master) 2f77dc3415 (qt-creator/qt-creator/qds-3.3)
Consider this test scenario:
1. Unpack the attached project in the filesystem.
2. Open the project in QtCreator.
3. Press Configure Project in the initial screen.
Configuring fails with the following output:
- There is no CMakeCache.txt
- In the Options -> Kits tab, the default kit is Manual -> Desktop, which has "CMake generator: CodeBlocks - Unix Makefiles" set. Changing "Extra generator" to "<none>" (which results in "CMake generator: Unix Makefiles") has no effect - configuring still fails with the same output.
- The workaround is to remove CMAKE_GENERATOR variable completely in the project settings.
I have not seen such problem with QtCreator 6.0.2.