Debugging a .qml file in VS does not work unless there's a resource file with the same name added to the project. This seems to occur when the loaded .qml file is either a local file or compiled into a shared library.
If there's no resource file added with the same name breakpoints will not be hit.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open the attached project in VS
- Set a breakpoint in the resource file main.qml
- Debug (breakpoint will be hit)
- Remove the qml.qrc from the project
- Set a breakpoint in local main.qml
- Debug (breakpoint will not be hit)
Note: the local main.qml and the one added as a resource file are different files. The resource file is never loaded but it is required to debug the local qml.