- Shiboken build with docs (requires libXSLT, libXML2)
- Module sphinx sphinx_rtd_themes
- Pass path to Qt source via setup.py -qt-src-dir (unless in-source build or installed SDK)
- Presence of dot (graphviz)
- qdoc with WebXML output format (Qt 5.11 or higher)
- qdoc generates documentation in WebXML
- shiboken code generator transforms them to .rst files applying some modifications specified in the PySide2 .xml files.
- The sphinx tool is used to create documentation using various conf.py files. For example from the build
How to test
- In the build dir (fex pyside-setup-dev/testenv_dev_22_build/py2.7-qt5.11.0-64bit-release/pyside2), run make apidoc
- launch doc/html/index.html
- To re-run sphinx only in the doc folder:
sphinx-build -b html rst html
- "Pass the include paths to qdoc", e5312f9ca5d38230e397d05190e623b083724bf5 qtbase/ https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/153214/
- "Move the documentation for the classes to their modules." e86df8cc4b6a522fac909687d48b269c7f5108b6 https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/5520/
- .qddoconf files for multiple modules (as for Qt3D) are not handled correctly
- qdoc produces less output when run against a shadow build/installed package compared to an in-source developer build (still missing include paths)?
- Find a featured example?
- Snippets (see below)
Snippets are resolved by shiboken2 in the doc transformation process (approx 490).
- quotefile does not work for module != qtbase (qtxmlpatterns/quiloader). Need to split "library-source-dir" to accept a path as well
- Snippets for new code not found
- Some snippets no longer found or reorganized/completely rewritten in Qt 5.
- After running qdoc over each module, shiboken runs on a generated header containing all modules. Works currently but may not scale in the future. Split this somehow?
- depends on
QTBUG-66528 qdoc/webxml: Too many "const" generated into webxml files
QTBUG-66545 qdoc/webxml: -module pages are not generated
PYSIDE-691 Doc: Update documentation and snippets
- relates to
QTBUG-66925 QtXmlPatterns: XPath expression specifying number of element to match does not work with XSLT2
- resulted in
PYSIDE-672 shiboken: Refactor code handling C++ types