Priority: P2: Important
Affects Version/s: 5.0.0 Beta 2
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Windows 7 x86 32 bit, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 with vendor's native latest DirectX and OpenGL drivers, Qt 5.0 beta2 (tested with "ANGLE" and "desktop OpenGL" configurations)
I have seen that this bug was already reported by somebody, but i decided to report it once more, because i tried everything and there are not any working solutions about it and it seems to be wrongly forgotten. And in that report it was Linux testing, here i tested it on Windows platform.
I understand that QQuickView is not QWidget and that it's different from QDeclarativeView component. But when i was using Qt 4.8.x it was greatly usefull feature that allowed to make transparent backroud. It allowed to make QML widget hovering over the screen, splash-screens, and make impressive GUI designs with semi-transparent parts. Now it has been unfortunately regressed in Qt 5.0 and i believe that it can be improved. And i can't back to Qt 4.8 only because of this bug...
I tested it on Windows 7 x86 32 bit platform with two configurations:
1. Qt 5.0 beta 2 downloaded from official qt-project.org link (seems to be configured with ANGLE graphics backend).
2. Qt 5.0 beta 2 downloaded from git on 22/Nov/12, configured with "configure -debug-and-release -opensource -confirm-license -nomake examples -nomake tests -no-icu -opengl desktop -platform win32-msvc2010" (desktop OpenGL backend) and successfully built by myself. And i have latest DirectX and OpenGL vendor's drivers on my NVidia GeForce GTX 460. Also tried all the same on other computer with AMD/ATI videocard.
There is code below that i used to test it.
1. I see the same visual result if i change "Rectangle" to "Item" type in root node and remove "color" property.
2. If i set there "color" property to "#00000000" or "#FF000000" in root rectangle result is also the same
3. If i set "opacity" property to 0.0 in root "Rectangle" visual result is the same
4. But if i set "opacity" property to 1.0 i see result below:
Related bug reports (not resolved and forgotten):