Priority: P2: Important
Affects Version/s: 5.4.1, 5.5.1
Fix Version/s: 5.12.0 Alpha
Component/s: GUI: OpenGL
Intel GPU (can repro on HD4600 and also on HD 530)
AMD GPU ( HD 7950) or AMD FirePro W5100
Drivers: can repro with all latest Intel and AMD gfx drivers
OpenGL crash on start on Intel + AMD GPU systems
All Qt applications that try to create OepnGL context crash on my systems with Intel GPU and an AMD HD 7950.
- Mininal repro with Qt OpenGL examples like the hellogl2
- Qt Creator also will crash the AMD driver on start.
- Need to have two monitors : one connected to the AMD and the other one to the Intel GPU DVI port.
- Main Windows Display has to be set to the AMD monitor (use Win10 system / display settings as shown in the attachment)
- To repro the crash start the application on the Intel window.
No crash if you start the application on the AMD window / monitor.
No crash if Intel monitor is set as the Main monitor
No crash with other GPU vendor combinations (i.e. Intel + NVIDIA ).
– Other OpenGL applications seem to run fine on the systems that can repro this.
Typical system configuration for a repro:
- Desktop motherboard + Haswell or Skylake CPU with integrated graphics like HD 4600 or HD 530
- Also plug in an AMD HD 7950 to the PCI-e slot
- Install Windows 10 and all the latest drivers