The Android documentation needs an update to many pages with old content, we have a list (
QTBUG-79665) of pages that needs to be checked, but this task should ensure all documentation pages under Qt for Android have to be updated.
- Adding services docs and Manifest file are not in sync (point one in docs says Manifest should contain a section for Services which is not there in source files)
- Qt Android services page is short and limited, we should provide enough code snippets for users to easily set the environment. Also, it's good practice to list known issues/bugs such as
Creating Qt Quick Projects: Include a note that qtvirtualkeyboard not enabled by default for mobile platforms, either the code shouldn't use it or the user has to install it manually.
- Warn about OpenJDK 11 not usable.
- Fix the "text walls" that are badly formatted and not clear to read.
- Manifest button location is not precise in docs, it should be "create a template in Projects settings under Build Android APK - NOT - Create AndroidManifest.xml button in the Deployment settings of your project.
- The path that the guide relies on doesn't exist ($ANDROID_SDK_ROOT/extras/google/google_play_services/libproject/google-play-services_lib)
- The "android" tool is deprecated
- Improve the formatting and structure of docs paragraphs, for example, arguments of androiddeplyqt tool are not easily readable because of the long paragraphs with small spacing.