When creating a new Qt GUI application using the Visual Studio Qt wizard, the created project shows messed up Qt project settings and is unable to compile.
Steps to reproduce:
- Select "New Project -> Visual C++ -> Qt -> Qt GUI Application"
- Confirm default module selection (Core, GUI, Widgets)
- Confirm default Qt class / file settings
- Qt Project Settings appear mostly empty / no Qt version is selected (see attached screenshot)
- No Qt modules are selected in the Qt Project Settings
- Any manual changes to Qt Project Settings are discarded right away (including selecting a Qt version manually)
- Project is not able to compile as it misses all the include paths and such
Note that a working Qt version (5.5.1) is selected as default Qt version and that any existing Qt projects are working just fine.